Gurney's box of goodies and more!

Look what came in the mail on Friday?


It includes 5 bags of onion sets, 3 yellow Ebenezer, and one bag each of red onions and white onions.


52 bare root Whopper Strawberry plants


And last, 2 bags each of potato starts, in the Red Pontiac, Yukon Gold and Kennibeck varieties



I had hoped to start getting these planted this weekend, but we were too busy trying to finish the new chicken coop. Check out our progress at my Keeping Backyard Chickens blog. We're almost done!!! I'll have to hope my husband can get the rototiller out tomorrow after work so I can get these in in the next few days.

My seeds I started inside over Easter have been doing well also. Here's a peek at them as well! These include red & green cabbage, broccoli, watermelon, cantaloupe, cukes, zuccini, butternut squash, acorn squash and Burgess Buttercup squash.



I am feeling slightly overwhelmed as all I have to get done in the garden in the next few weeks. I love this time of year, but it sure keeps me busy! Hope you are all checking things off your to do list and making progress on your things to do.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You have been very busy. The seedlings look great. I'm really inspired by you and the size of your garden. I started out small but am really enjoying watching the plants grow. I have cantaloupe and Sugar Baby watermelon to plant this week. The weather is beautiful and the wind has finally died down. I'm happy to report your raspberry plants you gave me have made a comeback! I'm so happy they are growing so I will definitley let you know how they do.